Dining Information for Las Vegas Restaurants
Historical Sights in the Las Vegas Area

Buildings
Organizations

 

Buildings and Sights

Apache Hotel, 128 Fremont Street - Built in 1931
Big Springs, 3700 West Charleston Blvd. - Used in 1844 as Las Vegas water supply. It is found in the Las Vegas Water District property and not open to the public.
Boggs Building, 319 East Fremont Street - Built 1932 to be a J. C. Penny Department Store.
Carl Ray Professional Building, 417 East Fremont Street - Built in 1929 to be the city's first large office building.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, 1300 South Eighth Street - Built in 1932
El Portal Theater, 310 Fremont Street - Built in 1928
Fifth Street School, 400 South Fourth Street - Built in 1936
Golden Gate Casino, 1 East Fremont Street - Built in 1906 to be Hotel Nevada
Green Shack Restaurant, 2504 Fremont Street - Built around 1930
Hitching Post Wedding Chapel, 226 South Las Vegas Blvd. - Built in 1923 to be a private residence
Huntridge Theater, 1208 East Charleston Blvd. - Built in 1944 to entertain wartime plant workers.
Ice Plant Site, 612 South Main Street - Built in 1908 and destroyed by fire in 1988.
Las Vegas Academy, 315 South Seventh Street - Built in 1931
Las Vegas Hospital, 201 North Eighth Street - Built in 1931 and destroyed by fire in 1988.
Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historical Park, 908 South Las  Vegas Blvd. - Built in 1855
Little Church of the West, 4617 South Las Vegas Blvd. - Built around 1942 with unique architecture.
Moulin Rouge, 900 West Bonanza Road - Built in 1955 to be the first interracial casino.
Post Office/Federal Building, 301 East Stewart Avenue - Built in 1933
Railroad Cottages, 200 - 400 block of Clark and Garces Avenue - Built between 1909 and 1911 to house railroad workers.
J. D. Smith House, 624 South Sixth Street - Built in 1932 to be a private residence.
Twin Lakes Resort, 3333 West Washington Avenue - Built in 1940's
Victory Hotel, 307 South Main Street - Built in 1910 to house railroad passengers and employees.
Frank Wait House, 900 block of Ogden Avenue - Built in 1930 - 1940 to be a private residence and still is today.   The home was built by Mr. and Mrs. Wait using petrified wood, fossils and quartz pieces from the desert. His picture is embedded in the outside of the home under a piece of clear quartz.
Wengert House, 600 East Charleston Blvd. - Built 1936 to be a private residence.
Westside School, 300 West Washington Avenue - Built in 1922
Steven R. Whitehead House, 333 Seventh Street - Built in 1929 to be a private residence.

 

FYI FACT

In 1905 the Los Angeles & Salt Lake Railroad Co. gained possession of the water rights to create the city of Las Vegas.


 

Accommodations

Arts

Casinos

Conventions

Entertainment

Family Activities

Historical Sights

Marriage Information

Museums

Outdoor Activities

Pet Services and Laws

Places to Worship

Restaurants and
Fine Dining

Sightseeing

Shopping

Sports Activities

Travel Information


 

 

 

© 1999 - 2003 ProTech Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved